Adopting a pet is all about ensuring you’re matched with the perfect pet for you and your family.
Before rehoming an animal
Carefully consider if you have the knowledge, time, commitment, space, facilities and finances to give an animal a really good quality of life.
Animals need the 5 freedoms:
- FREEDOM FROM HUNGER AND THIRST. by ready access to fresh water and diet to maintain health and vigour.
- FREEDOM FROM DISCOMFORT. by providing an appropriate environment including shelter / shade and a comfortable resting area.
- FREEDOM FROM PAIN, INJURY OR DISEASE. …
- FREEDOM TO EXPRESS NORMAL BEHAVIOUR. …
- FREEDOM FROM FEAR AND DISTRESS.
Animals need love and care.
Before making the commitment of owning any animal we recommend that you:
- Talk to Nuzzlets representatives so that they can give advice on diet, cost, house, garden, lifestyle etc so that your pet is safe, secure, healthy and happy.
- Have a home visit from a Nuzzlets respresenative.
- Meet the animals and read our Loan Agreement, as an example part of our cat and kitten Loan Agreement states:
The loanee undertakes to care for the animal in every respect at their own cost. This includes:
- Feeding to a good standard with adequate water as recommended by Nuzzlets.
- If the animal becomes out of condition or ill in any way, a qualified veterinary surgeon must be called.
- All animals should be vaccinated as agreed with your vet and this should be kept up to date.
- Worming as required.
- To be neutered between 4-6 months, depending on size.
- Microchipping – it’s standard practice to wait until the kitten is eight weeks old (or about two pounds) to insert the microchip
- Provide adequate housing/shelter, love and care.
We do have a suggested donation for adopting animals, this helps us feed and care for our animal family.
If you do decide to adopt an animal we are always available for advice.