Welcome to Nuzzlets
Nuzzlets is a small Charity, based near Great Ouseburn, York, which has gained DEFRA accreditation and been awarded a certificate through the Countryside Educational Visits Accreditation Scheme. We have won Government Approval as a “countryside classroom”.
We have now also been accredited as a care farm.
We became a registered charity in 2007, our charity number is 1118698.
Our objectives are to provide:
- Loving homes for unwanted animals.
- Free access to young people for therapy and education.
- Nuzzlets specialise in visits for children with disabilities, special needs and life threatening illnesses. We also help adults with mental health issues.
Animal assisted therapy may:
- Increase communication skills, raise self esteem, reduce anxiety and loneliness.
- Improve interactions with others.
- Improve motor skills and balance, lower blood pressure and risk of stroke, decrease depression.
- Aid long or short term memory.
Animals accept us for who we are.
Stroking animals can encourage movement and interaction.
They do not care what we say or how we look.
Children and adults visit the farm with their families or in groups from places like Martin House Children’s Hospice, special needs schools and nursing homes. We teach visitors about animal welfare.
Looking after animals requires long term commitment and costs a lot of money. Donations are welcome to help us feed and care for our animals.
Animals need care, love, food, water, shelter, companionship, to be free from pain and disease. They need to be treated with respect.
Nuzzlets has been established for “The love of animals and to help children”. We create smiles and memories, we laugh, play and have fun. To find out more about us, please browse through our website.
Visits are strictly by appointment only. Find us on Facebook.